National History Day
Search the Catalog!
There are many ways to search the library's catalog online!
- Use the search box above, or at the top right of any page on this site!
- Use the online Library Catalog to search for and locate books, e-books and other items at Lewis Library.
Discovering Books, E-Books, and DVDs:
- Use the Catalog to conduct a search for a subject or keyword & phrase but limit your search to a particular location, e.g. E-Book, Stacks, DVD, etc. This kind of search will yield results to a particular location within the library’s holdings.
- The library uses the Library of Congress Classification system and subject headings. Subject headings can help you narrow your search to what you really need and eliminate erroneous results. Remember, a “Word or Phrase” search will yield broad results whereas a “Subject” search will yield highly relevant results. You can explore subject headings for a topic by selecting “Browse,” entering your search term(s), and then limiting your search to “Subject Headings.” The result will be a listing of subject headings beginning with the term(s) you used for the search together with the number of titles in the library’s holdings for each.
- NOTE: for more information on Subject Headings, use the Subject Headings Guide HERE to learn more.